Portrait transition could be smoother

Found anything we should fix? Please tell us about it.
nakano

Portrait transition could be smoother

Post#1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:29 pm

When a character is talking and the same character's face, who just talked, changes for the next line, the flashing animation is a little annoying. I would prefer the face to change without the effect in this case. In other cases the flashing isn't an issue. Here's a video, but it may not show the situation that well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGetPPXBJBQ

Side note: If you don't have Steam on and launch the game, the game will give a crash report. It will launch though. (Windows 7 / 64-bit)

nakano

Re: Portrait transition could be smoother

Post#2 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:15 pm

A transition bug related to monsters: https://youtu.be/7DgCHAr-dn4

Ray

Post#3 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:23 pm

I already have the fix, but since the game already 'goes golden' looks like it would be a day-one patch or a post release patch.

About the steam, I think it crashed because the steamworks failed to initialize. I'll have it handled as an auto-quit after notification instead if I somehow can avoid the crash. Thanks for the report. :)
(On side note: people don't have steam are supposed to buy the DRM-less version of GoG)

EDIT: ah, the position reset. We'll fix it alongside the other tweaks, thanks!

nakano

Post#4 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:53 pm

Great thanks! I think the "Steam crash" is due to the reason you mention, not a big issue in the end. Since I don't want to open a new thread for a minor bug, I'll add this here:
I got to Moncalm and should probably find some key. Don't know where so probably wait a walkthrough to continue [edit: found a walkthrough and thus the key] ;) So I decided to return to the camp to see if I can progress the story that way. Anyway, there is an NPC named Arbiter. He says: "Seneschal Rossaval currently has no guests. You may enter the tent. Try not to spend too much of his time.". I enter the tent, but no one is there. So a minor dialog bug.

Return to “Error Reports”