Speak your mind directly to the community!

Post#1 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:47 am

Is there a description of what the power, vitality, dexterity, and technique stats do in the game? I didn't see any during the training period, and I can't find any in the menus anywhere.

Re: Stats

Post#2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 am

Currently there's no information at all in the game regarding the stats. We're planning to add this in the Lorebook section in a later patch to make it clearer for players.

For the time being, in the Steam Discussions we've outlined this in a pinned post. Here I will paste that information for you :)

Some information about in-game numbers

Some information about what the stats in-game do. When we're finished with bugs I'll find a time to write a proper guide.

I'll start with brief explanations. If you'd like detailed formula I can provide them later.

Base Stats:
POWER : used in ATTACK, has a minor effect on CRITICAL, and Poison damage
TECHNIQUE : used in PIERCE, CRITICAL, and Bleed damage
VITALITY : used in HP, DEFENSE and has a minor effect on INITIATIVE

Derived Stats:
HIT POINTS : character's health, obviously
ATTACK : character's attack power, used in determining attack damage and skill damage
PIERCE : similar to ATTACK, see below for details on determining damage
DEFENSE : reduces attack damage, see below for details
INITIATIVE : if you are familiar with Dungeon & Dragons, this is similar. upon entering combat, each characters and enemies will compare their Initiative Value + a unique random number. higher number starts first
CRITICAL : chance percentage to deal critical damage on each attack and skill

Combat Damage:
Damage from attacking and skills is calculated in two parts.
(i) Physical damage, which calculated from ATTACK and reduced by DEFENSE
(ii) Pierce damage, which calculated only from PIERCE

Damage from the action [ATTACK] is the sum of those 2 parts. Most skills also derived from this combination.
Exceptions can be found on the skills which says "Pierce Damage", those skills don't account physical damage.

The action [DEFEND] doubles your character's DEFENSE while providing 2 Stamina Points

WOUND : penalty received upon dying in battle. can be removed by talking to a Priest
1 Wound = -10% max HP
2 Wounds = -25% max HP
3 Wounds = -50% max HP

Poison damage is reduced by Defense, Bleed is not.

Hope this helps :)
Also, thank you for all the warm receptions of CTON

Dark Holy Elf

Re: Stats

Post#3 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:05 am

Thank you for posting this!

I recently played CTON and enjoyed it a lot, certainly including the battle system. I had kinda figured out roughly how Attack/Defence/Pierce interacted, but it's nice to see it confirmed.

Would you be able to post the specifics of the damage formula when you get a chance? I would greatly appreciate it. (I'm also curious in some of the unlisted percentages in the game, such as Isaac's Swift Steps and Lucienne's Duelist Stance and Shield Mastery.)

Return to “General”