Finished Gmae Feedback & Requests for Part II

Speak your mind directly to the community!
Carlo5922

Finished Gmae Feedback & Requests for Part II

Post#1 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Hi everyone, I know many people are still playing the game, so please note spoilers for Part I could be in this thread.

So I've finished the game with 2 characters Luc & Yli, and am working on the 3rd now. I've read some of the other feedbacks online so I thought It would be good to have a feedback thread here, and talk about what we'd like to see in Part II.

Finished Game Feedback:
I actually liked the cliff hanger at the end of the game, but still felt that unless you play certain characters there wasn't much info given to the gamer as to what was happening behind the scenes. Luc has the scene with Queen Sofia, and Aria has the scene with her father. But I felt if you play as Yli for example then you really don't know that Aria's family is trying to unseat the Levants, and more info between Gareth & Sevin's discussions would have been great. Also I liked the part with Daniel but wish that had branched into a side quest to gain more info about the plot. Personally I felt there was a lot of good 'behind the scenes plot' but the player doesn't get to see much of it unfortunately.

I really liked the selection of skills each character had to choose from and the fact that you had to pick and choose which ones to use. Personally I felt the Red Revive crystals were still wayyyy to cheap, It wasn't worth it to use the revive skills of Yil or Aria because of this.

Requests for Part II
I would REALLLLLYYYYYY like the choices made in part I to have some meaningful impact on part II if possible. For example If Yli choose to lie in part I, then maybe she could be put in another situation where she could have to choose to lie again in part II to help another character. If she didn't lie in part I then maybe she doesn't have the option to lie in part II.

I would like to see Astori return from his 15 year Exile, and have some meaningful plot in part II, perhaps there can be some controversy about his return, this could give an excellent opportunity for a moral decision in Part II. Also I would like to see more Daniel in part II, and what kind of plotting he is involved in. Same with Severin's son (can't remember name).

That's all for now will post more later. Thank you Ekuator Staff for all your hard work and for letting us play the Beta version of the game!

Marcus

Re: Finished Gmae Feedback & Requests for Part II

Post#2 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:25 pm

I think the issue of not being given much 'behind the scenes' info may be deliberate. I think this is the kind of game in which you don't get all the information or all sides of an event unless you play through the game multiple times. I played through first as Yli, and agree that at the end I had the reaction 'wait, what?? - there are some things I don't understand'. Then I thought about it for a while, and realized that, by role-playing an elf new to human society, of course there would be interactions and things that I, as a naive elf with little understanding of human ways, just wouldn't understand. So I began playing again as another character, and immediately some of the missing pieces began to fall into place. I suspect that to really get 'the big picture' and understand everything, I will have to play through as every character. The fact that I will be getting a more complete, rounded and balanced picture of the story each time I play through is one of the main inducements to continue to play through multiple times. You may disagree with the developers' decision in this regard, but I can see the reasoning behind making this choice. It is one of the features that make this game different than most RPGs, for better or for worse (depending on your viewpoint).

Carlo5922

Post#3 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:09 am

I'm going to play through them all, I really hope your right!

Gauge

Post#4 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 am

I just started playing, 1 hr in, haha! Glad to see you liked it, I look forward to checking everything out. I am playing Lucienne first. :)

Return to “General”